Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Reading Time

Now that we've really started to meet with readers for a couple of weeks now. I'll tell you how its going. I currently have a dozen readers who I meet with once a week. People sometimes will fail to come to their reading session without telling us. But this is common in Latin America. I'm getting to know all kinds of people, from professors at the university to janitors. Most are university students that have taken several english classes.

Things started off really well, but about 5 or 6 of my readers have missed their sessions. I'm emailing them now to remind them, but I can't force them to come. The rest, who come, are really doing well and understand everything they read about Jesus. Please pray that the ones who aren't coming will come back.

The really cool thing is that we are still getting new people coming in to sign up for the program. The university has offered to pay for our meals while we are on campus. We are being treated very well. One of my readers last week, thanked me for spending my time with him. It made my day, of course, but more than that, he let me know that God is using the time we are spending reading His word to make a difference in someone's life. I hope that I can always remember to get out of the way and let God do His thing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Yay! Yay! A new blog!" That's what I say to myself when I open your blog page and see a fresh new title! I love the updates, as you already know. I will be in prayer about the MIA students and your morale...I know it must be disappointing when they don't come to their appointments. But it's so exciting to hear how God is already using you to facilitate transformation! Beautiful!