Friday, September 4, 2009

Birthday wishes

I want to send out a big ol' "Happy Birthday" to my Dad, Grandma, and niece, Katie. They all have birthdays this week so they are on my mind. It's times like these when I feel a bit isolated from my family and friends. One main reason is that it's unbelievably expensive to send a birthday card from Panama to the U.S. Besides all of the cards we can get here are in the Spanish language.

Last year, I was with my brother, Jeff and his family in Tennessee for Labor Day weekend, and then up to PA for my Dad and Grandmas birthday. That seems like a loooooooong time ago, now. But it was one of the unexpected blessings of our delayed departure for Brazil. Now here we are a year later, looking to come back to the U.S. soon.

If you're interested, here's a quick link to my blog entry that I posted exactly one year ago. Click here.

2 comments:

Jeff Needels said...

Katie said, "thank you for the lovely birthday wishes uncle Greg and Aunt Cyndi." It's nice to know that you're going to visit soon. The kids pray for you all the time. Though your work there is done, His work continues. See you soon.
Love, Jeff

Gregory said...

Thanks, Bro. It's great to know that the kids are praying for us.