Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"Wisdom"

Isaiah 24:14
"Therefore once more I will astound these people with wonder upon wonder; the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."

I have been reminded lately how wonderful it is to see that the gospel's simplicity is so powerful. The world is looking for some great wisdom that has never been heard before that will change the way we think. But the gospel is seen as foolishness to the intelligent. That is where I see the hand of God in it. It is so simple yet so powerful, no man's wisdom could have invented such an idea. I'm thankful that the gospel is for everyone who will believe in it.

At this point in our mission, I'm really enjoying my reading sessions. I feel like I am getting as much out of them as any reader could. Each one is a challenge, but I can see the Spirit working in the Word of God. I've never had so many chances to see that happen. I'm very thankful for that.

My everyday life is good. I haven't felt any significant signs of culture shock, but I attribute that to the 2 month lesson on "flexibility" that we had before we finally arrived here. My blog may mislead you into thinking that I'm doing nothing but work... but that isn't true. We have had a couple of wonderful trips to the beach and I've even been snorkeling! I'm sorry that I don't have any photos, but we have had terrible problems with our camera. I hope to have that remedied so I can post some more on my photo website (see previous entry about pictures).

Please pray for our readers. Also pray for our spiritual and physical well-being. Thank you for being prayer warriors!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Seeing the Spirit working in the Word of God with your readers can become very addicting, for sure! It's a bit of a difficult adjustment coming back home and not having those valuable moments as often. Thanks for sharing!

prich said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Hope you continue with your success down there.

Anonymous said...

We keep checking on you - glad you're getting some recreation in with your work. We miss you! It was 32 degrees in Hot Springs this morning. Brrrr.....